Looking for help?
Contact at least 2 past employers following these steps:
- Call the ask who you can speak to to verify dates of employment
- If you cannot reach a past employer, let the candidate know and see if they can find better contact information
- Ask to verify dates of employment. Check to see if it matches the application.
- Ask if they are available to rehire. Reconsider hiring if the answer is no.
- Ask if they would recommend that we rehire.
- If having trouble talking with past employers, try the personal references.
- This step can help prevent a bad hire. Especially a dishonest one!