Office Communication Policies
Here is a list of best practices for office staff communications. The purpose is to simplify communications and cut down on notifications. Helps individuals and departments sort through messages that apply to them or their department and focus on priorities for meeting the goals of each role.
- Make sure your alerts/notifications are on at all times!!
- Respond by messaging to that message only
- Always acknowledge every message if it pertains to you at all
- If you are stepping away we must let everyone know
- If you are at your desk you must respond right away!
- Use the features/icons of in a meeting, working from home etc.
Ecoverde Maids Admin Channel – Anything that is urgent and needs to be seen by all. Also, letting everyone know you are clocked in and available and clocked out and unavailable.
Employee Relations Updates Channel – for leadership team communication only, tech issues, and customer complaints
Processes and Reminders Channel – New process, forgotten processes, or reminders only.
Sales Strategies Channel – Anything sales related
Schedule Updates Channel – Anything to do with the schedule dispatcher. Notifies the dispatchers Communication about budgeted hours, etc.
Staff Random Stuff Channel – Anything fun
Accounting Channel – Refunds, invoice issues
Slack an individual – Converstion between 2 people that doesn’t involve anyone else
Traction Tools – Guidelines for adding issues
Add an issue when something is important and does not need immediate attention. When adding an issue, tag the L10 team that should discuss the issue.
Leadership Team L10: Issues the leadership team should discuss now or in the future.
Sales Team L10: Issues the sales team should discuss.
Operations Team L10: Issues the Operations team should discuss.
Human Resources L10: Issues the Human Resources team should discuss.
- All company and leadership inbox emails need to be responded to within 30 minutes
- Label them if they are for a specific person